March 3rd is National Mulled Wine Day!!!
We published a recipe previously for Mulled Red Wine.
Let’s add MULLED WHITE WINE to the mix.
Mulled white wine isn’t something that many are familiar with. Same concept as Red- you mix a dry wine, some spices, and some fruit and Voila! mulled wine 🙂
Here’s a recipe I liked from Mitzy at Home
Mulled white wine
- 750 ml (1 bottle) white wine (WE SUGGEST One Way Winery 2012 or 2013 Pinot Grigio)
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 orange, sliced (leave 2 slices for garnish)
- 8 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5-6 cloves
- 4-5 star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a pot, over medium-high heat, combine all the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat, let wine slightly simmer for about 20 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Serve warm.
Some notes from me from my experience/tastes:
- Adjust the sugar/spices as needed. ex. 8 Tablespoons may be too much, or too little for you. Remember you can always add, but you can’t take away. This pertains to the spices too. Add a little at a time until you’re happy with the flavor.
- Instead of an orange feel free to try lemon, mandarin, apples, or cranberries. Whatever you think will complement the wine you’ve chosen.
- If you’re looking for a less alcohol taste then simmer a bit longer or let it come to a full boil for a few minutes.
Hope you enjoy! There’s a link above to the mulled red wine recipe we posted a while back also. Leave feedback and let us know how it turned out 🙂
*~*~* Kim *~*~*
One Way Tasting Room
25 N. SCHOOL STREET
LODI, CA 95240
INSIDE "VISIT LODI"
Come try our "Award Winning" wines
Mention our web site and get a free tasting.
Thursday1pm to 8pm
Friday1pm to 8pm
Saturday1pm to 8pm
Sunday1pm to 5pm