March 3rd is National Mulled Wine Day!!!
We published a recipe previously for Mulled Red Wine.
Let’s add MULLED WHITE WINE to the mix.
Mulled white wine isn’t something that many are familiar with. Same concept as Red- you mix a dry wine, some spices, and some fruit and Voila! mulled wine 🙂
Here’s a recipe I liked from Mitzy at Home
Mulled white wine
- 750 ml (1 bottle) white wine (WE SUGGEST One Way Winery 2012 or 2013 Pinot Grigio)
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 orange, sliced (leave 2 slices for garnish)
- 8 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5-6 cloves
- 4-5 star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a pot, over medium-high heat, combine all the ingredients and bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat, let wine slightly simmer for about 20 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Serve warm.
Some notes from me from my experience/tastes:
- Adjust the sugar/spices as needed. ex. 8 Tablespoons may be too much, or too little for you. Remember you can always add, but you can’t take away. This pertains to the spices too. Add a little at a time until you’re happy with the flavor.
- Instead of an orange feel free to try lemon, mandarin, apples, or cranberries. Whatever you think will complement the wine you’ve chosen.
- If you’re looking for a less alcohol taste then simmer a bit longer or let it come to a full boil for a few minutes.
Hope you enjoy! There’s a link above to the mulled red wine recipe we posted a while back also. Leave feedback and let us know how it turned out 🙂
*~*~* Kim *~*~*
Coming up on April 18th, is the Lodi Wine Stroll.
This is an opportunity for consumers to visit local shops that have paired up with a local winery.
There are tastings and nibbles available at each stop, as well as, some shopping to enjoy.
Please don’t forgot to find a designated driver and come enjoy the night 🙂
Tickets are available in advance for $30, $40 at the event. Designated drivers tickets are $15 in advance, and $20 at the event.
You may purchase on line by following this link to the Lodi Chamber of Commerce page:
Or by calling (209) 367-7840 ext. 100
It’s that time of year again for the Wine & Chocolate Weekend!!!
February 7th and 8th at more than 50 participating wineries.
For online ticket purchasing, please visit:
Find the following information on the LoCa site:
One ticket is valid for both Saturday and Sunday, February 7th & 8th, 2015.
Ticket pricing for 2015 Lodi Wine & Chocolate Weekend is as follows:
- Advance: $55 per person
- Day(s) of the event: $65 per person
- Designated Driver: No charge. No ticket required. Must be 21 and over. Must be prepared to show ID to obtain wristband.
ALL TICKET HOLDERS (INCLUDING DESIGNATED DRIVERS) MUST BE 21 AND OVER TO ATTEND. NO EXCEPTIONS.
An event wine glass, a chocolate treat by Brix Chocolate, an event map and guide, wine tasting and admission to 50+ participating wineries. Don’t forget to check your chocolate treat for a “Golden Ticket.” You can win one of over 100 prizes!
I am so excited that it’s December! I LOVE the holidays. The crisp air, the scent of rain, the beautiful decorations, and twinkling lights- every part of this month makes me happy. One of the best things about the colder weather, in my opinion, is Hot Mulled Wine.
Adding the citrus and different spices just like Sangria, but instead of being iced, it’s served hot to help you battle the cold.
Here’s my favorite Mulled Wine recipe:
Total Servings: Approx. 8
4 cups spiced apple cider
1 750 mL bottle of red wine (One Way favorites are our 2009 Stop on
Red Cabernet Sauvignon or 2010 Stop on Red Cabernet Sauvignon
Approx.. ¼ cup of honey
2-3 whole cinnamon sticks
1 orange- zested and juiced
4-6 whole cloves
For Garnish if desired: orange peel
In a large saucepan or Crock Pot© combine; cider, wine, honey,
cinnamon sticks, orange zest and juice, and cloves.
Slowly bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. If using Crock Pot© then allow serve when wine becomes your desired temperature. J
Pour into mugs, add your garnish, if desired, and enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Ina Garten. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mulled-wine-recipe.html
Hey everyone! We are back on schedule with the weekly market and would love to see all of your faces in the tasting room.
The market opened up for the Summer season on May 15th and will go until September.
Stop on in and try our wines or sit on the patio and enjoy the weekly music with some wine.
One Way Tasting Room
25 N. SCHOOL STREET
LODI, CA 95240
INSIDE "VISIT LODI"
Come try our "Award Winning" wines
Mention our web site and get a free tasting.
Thursday1pm to 8pm
Friday1pm to 8pm
Saturday1pm to 8pm
Sunday1pm to 5pm